Skip to main content

Table 4 Receiver operating characteristics of the proposed prediction model

From: Predictors of early rebleeding after endoscopic therapy of first variceal bleeding in liver cirrhosis

  Role Cutoff Sensitivity Specificity LR+ LR− AUC
Value (95%CI) Sig.
Proposed model Rule out ≤ 0.10 98% 80% 4.96 0.03 0.965 (0.948–0.981) < 0.0001
Rule in ≥ 0.90 43% 99.7% 129.8 0.57
  1. LR likelihood ratio, AUC area under the curve
  2. Risk grading of the proposed prediction model: grade 1 (Low risk) if the predicted probability ≤ 10%; grade 3 (high risk) if the predicted probability ≥ 90%, and grade 2 (moderate risk) for other values